IABD 30th International Conference and Festival of Blacks in Dance.
International Association of Blacks in Dance (IABD) present the 30th Annual International Conference and Festival of Blacks in Dance in Los Angeles, Jan 23-28, 2018.
IABD has asked BlakDance to inform our members of this significant opportunity!
They are requesting Expressions Of Interest (EOI) from the Australian Indigenous dance sector to attend the conference and festival.
Attending the conference and festival provides opportunities to:
- Undertake Professional Development
- Present work (cultural and or contemporary, excerpts, 10 minute maximum)
- Deliver workshops and master classes
- Present ideas, dialogue or conversation topics.
To submit an EOI, you must complete the form BELOW. This must be submitted by September 1st to allow time for IABD to assess applications.
If this is something you want to attend, please be aware of the process:
1. Complete EOI online below by September 1st.
2. All EOI’s will be sent to IABD to be assessed by them.
3. If IABD selects your EOI, you must then submit an individual grant application to the Australia Council for the Arts by the October 3 funding deadline (or find alternate funding elsewhere).
PLEASE NOTE: This is not a funded activity. BlakDance is NOT involved in the selection process or providing funding. We can provide support for you to submit a funding application. We are not submitting on your behalf. If your EOI is selected by IABD, your attendance is funding dependent (through Australia Council or other).
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN TAKING UP THE SUPPORT OF BLAKDANCE FOR THESE OPPORTUNITIES PLEASE COMPLETE THE BELOW EOI FORM BY SEPTEMBER 1st.
*Please note you will need a current passport for this opportunity*
EOIs ARE NOW CLOSED
AUSTRALIA COUNCIL FOR THE ARTS FUNDING
CAREER DEVELOPMENT GRANTS FOR INDIVIDUALS AND GROUPS
Want to further develop your skills in Australia or overseas by:
-A self-organised residency
-Attend professional development / practice workshops
-Work with a mentor or community
-Collaborate on a new work
-Go on secondment with a company
-Attend a symposium or conference
The main focus on this grant is about the impact on your career your project will have.
FIND OUT MORE
Next Closing Date: 3 October 2017 Project start date after: 1 January 2018